1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

A new outlook on BEHAVIOUR

Discussion in 'NavalClash News' started by Sidewalk, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Quintessential Veteran

With the update coming out, I’d like to make it absolutely clear that there has always been a rule against toxic behaviour.

People don’t get away with on other servers a quarter of what you children get away with on navalclash.

So let’s set some ground rules, or rather, reiterate the rules that are and always have been in place.

In navalclash, as in all aspects of life, be FRIENDLY and REASONABLE. To players and staff. We work for the server and the community, not ourselves.

Don’t excessively swear. It’s childish and annoying. Help new players. Don’t harass players or staff.
    Staff, be professional.
    Follow the simple rules laid out for you.
    Own up to your mistakes. Take initiative. Be articulate!

The update will be released very soon. Droopy, iiz, and myself have all agreed that the endless toxicity needs to stop.
    We will be cracking down. On everyone. Saying things like “NavaClash will always be toxic”
    Or “Navalclash needs toxicity” means that you are part of the problem, and will likely result in your forum account being removed for quite some time.
    Consider yourselves warned. We are looking to fill some staff positions and your behaviour is the first thing we discuss.
    Update looks neat, by the way.

cowssszzzz111 and ItsMurio like this.
  2. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

How bout you stop treating us like puppies waitin' for a meal and hand us it? (The update.)
    "Update looks neat, by the way." How much are you being paid by droop to say that?

3. DalekEric

DalekEric Forum Lt. Cmdr.

It's depressing that you people need to detox in the first place. It's one thing to be smart enough to fix a problem. It's another thing to be smart enough to have never have allowed the problem to form in the first place.

4. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Quintessential Veteran

There will be... safeguards in the update that slow down toxic behaviour. They will remain until people can behave without them.

cowssszzzz111 likes this.
  5. sharpjd

sharpjd Forum Lt. JG

This server lacks ground rules. There's people getting away with repeat offences and Flummery like racial harrasment, repeated sealing and crap because of how many loopholes there are. You need to put down specific (But generalized) rules about this "toxicity" to stop the poison. Otherwise, this announcement will be forgotten within the span of a week and staff won't do anything about future toxicity.

Side, this server is literally all I do on Minecraft and I will probably keep playing even if this stuff keeps happening, but seriously. We need to step up our staffing system and rules.

Kind of reciting what Adventure said to me some time ago.

cowssszzzz111 and The_11thDoctor like this.
  6. MythicalWraith

MythicalWraith Forum R. Admiral

I'm black and you saying I can't say n.gger is oppression.

7. Tohryn

Tohryn Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Hey Side, I've got this crazy idea, it might seem foreign but I think it may really help with this toxicity problem of yours!
    BAN TOXIC FUCKS INSTEAD OF REPEATEDLY ALLOWING AND ENCOURAGING THEIR BEHAVIOR
    I'm fuckin sick of you lecturing us ALL THE TIME about toxicity when you constantly unban and unmute fuckers like Depo, LCB, and Faded. Then you ban people like Speedilopez for supposed toxicity and continue to miss the real problem, or maybe you just don't want to face it. Guess he doesn't have as big a wallet as the others. Chat filters don't work. Slaps on the wrists don't work. These elements need to be removed. Period.

8. sharpjd

sharpjd Forum Lt. JG

Woah slow down man, that's not exactly what I mean.

Edit: I know that word is mostly used as a joke, but what I mean in that specific sentence was people using it in toxic ways.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  9. MythicalWraith

I only "Donated" like $5.25

10. Tohryn

Exhibit-A. Constantly preaching his "Toxicity" while members like you, depo, and up until recently, LCB, continue to be dipshits. Which he seems to be fine with.

11. MythicalWraith

Nothing will be done against the patrons, really funny honestly

Tohryn likes this.
  12. Vulture4117

Vulture4117 Forum Admiral

Whatever you do, don't add a swear filter. There are better ways to handle toxicity, like having slightly stricter rules.

StewieCman likes this.
  13. MythicalWraith

No, a swear filter is honestly most ideal as long as it doesn't take money from you everytime you swear. Switching something like "f.ck" to Tarnation or something like that would be ideal.

14. Tohryn

Nah vult, he beat you to it. Droop and side are too busy configuring their chat filter, which bans you for 10 minutes if you post 3 messages in a row (by the way,) to implement things like I dunno, working guns.

15. MythicalWraith

Real sh.t?

16. Vulture4117

Vulture4117 Forum Admiral

I typed "safeguard" in Google Translate, and the result was "swear filter".

17. Tohryn

You bet. Also gives this nice message if you include more than one capital letter in a word. "Do not use CAPS or you will be banned." That's a good one. What else do we got, kicks you for attempting to swear, bans 10 minutes for posting more than 3 messages in a row, and kicks you for posting 2 messages within a 2 second interval.

18. MythicalWraith

I..I don't believe you.

19. Tohryn

Apparently that's a lot better for our community then banning a handful of people. Especially when those people donate. Better punish everyone as though it's their fault despite the fact the toxicity can be attributed to 3, 4 people.

20. madengi

madengi Forum Cmdr.

Watch as this "Awsome Update" is just a huge arce joke and it has more safegaurds than anything the playerbase community will like. Also as for the toxicity, Honestly thats what keeps the forums going and it kinda all gives us something to laugh about at the end of the day, were all close knit in the sense that we all know eachother and who did what retard thing to get banned and whos nitorious for doing things. Your trying to run a Utopia here with the no toicity, and guys, Utopias never work read A Brave New World, The Giver, or any other Utopianistic Society novel, Stop trying to eliminate it because at this point its part of NC Life.

cowssszzzz111, StewieCman and sharpjd like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.