1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Balance Removed

Discussion in 'Technical Forum' started by DarthRoar, Jun 10, 2018.

1. DarthRoar

DarthRoar Forum Recruit

Hello,
    Before the hack I had accumulated a balance of around 3M, but now it has been reduced to 600k presumably because someone thought it was a result of the hack.

I had gained this balance legitimately through outpost rewards as ETU had held all the outposts over at least the past 2 weeks. Pim or any other ex-ETU member can verify that being in ETU was very profitable. I'm sure others (gatraf for instance) could verify that I indeed had baltop 2 before the hack.

If you think this balance is unreasonable/achievable the math is simple. 14 days * 10 hours per day * $24000 per hour = $3,360,000. I could also produce chat logs full of outpost rewards to prove this.

HiHoTheMerryOh's balance was also reduced from a legitimate 2M to 1M.

Thanks, and I hope this can be resolved.

- DarthRoar.

2. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

Sorry, that's my bad.

I still don't have any backups, but I also didn't want to continue to leave everyone's bal at 97-10mil for another week, so I tried to fix the balances, and just went off of memory / how much the griefer added to people's balances on-average. When I was doing the people who I thought had legitimately gotten somewhere upwards of a million dollars, I decided to go with conservative estimates - the idea being that should I get one wrong, people would tell me so I could fix it, as opposed to accidentally giving someone an extra million and them just running with it.

At any rate though, I fixed both your and Dirk's balance just now; if anyone else has any balance issues, please let me know, and I'll fix it right away.

Terra1 and Wrangler like this.
  3. DarthRoar

DarthRoar Forum Recruit

Understandable, thank you very much.