1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Ban Appeal camkam - ban appeal

Discussion in 'Punishment Appeals' started by camkam, Jul 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. camkam

camkam Forum Lt.

IGN: camkam

The type of punishment: Ban

Duration of the punishment: 3 months

When the event occurred (approximately):
    reasonably occured within the last three weeks of the current date.

The reason given for your punishment: Harassment and Toxicity

Why you believe the punishment was unfair:
    Instead of stating why its unfair, I would like to say why it is completely justifiable. My actions were my own and only my own and nobodys actions should have had an effect on them. I understand what I put the players of this server through when they have to deal with the outbursts between me, martmn, and other members of the community, nearly occuring daily. Instead of being mature about the situation and refraining from acknowledging back and ignoring them, I decided to attempt to defend my "honor" if you so to speak, putting others down, and saying things I should not have said, and deeply regret saying. Although I never meant any real action to come out of these statements I made, they were highly innapropriate, and at times highly offensive in nature and lacked a place on the Naval Clash server. I love this community and hate to see the harm that I do to it every day, and I know that this is the same on martmns point of view that it is not just to put other people through what we have put them through. That is why instead of pleading my case as to why I would think the punishment is unfair, I am offering up my apologies, and am forever personally liable for every action I partook in that resulted in this. In the end I never want to be "that" player, ultimately the reason me and so many others choose to play here is because our love of everything naval orientated. These past few weeks I have strayed from that point of view and deeply regret it, I had lost sight of everything I truly came to know and love about these servers over the course of the past nearly six years. Only now that I have lost it through my own mistakes in action, I realize how erraneous in judgement I have been during these last few weeks.
    puppy.jpg
    Also I would like to declare trial by combat in the event that this is denied

Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    The_11thDoctor likes this.
  2. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

+1 for shorten cuz doggo
    honestly should of been removal of chat perms since 90% of his offenses were chat offenses.

lets see how long it takes for a flame war to start

sharpjd likes this.
  3. VIEF_Chokolatecake

VIEF_Chokolatecake Forum Lt. Cmdr.

10/10 should of been a 3 week mute

4. MythicalWraith

MythicalWraith Forum R. Admiral

taco bias

5. camkam

camkam Forum Lt.

doggo bias

6. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

+1

honestly the Hungarian gang drove cam to the edge multiple times and abused him when he was vulnerable, check logs to see. Examples include: Harassing him about his last name / real name. Constantly attempting to start arguments with cam, etc.

sharpjd and MythicalWraith like this.
  7. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

*makes a ban appeal*
    Sais its not an appeal but a apology
    *keeps it as an appeal*

8. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

This is just history repeating itself all over again, just like in NBZ,
    Camkam being toxic and harassing others = Ban = camkam making an appeal sounding all ”forgiving” (literally check old NBZ forums. I cant believe I vouched for him rofl) = Camkam eventually unbanned at some point = camkam starts feeling comfortable and begins harassing again

HOWEVER, with that being said ill give you a: +1 Beacouse you diddint immediately start pestering me on discord about being banned and telling me how you are going to rape my family.
    With that being said, : +1 for a ban being shortned to 2.5 months I guess.
    It really is admins choice tho

9. Adventure117217

Lol same with Mart, insults boom about his condition back on NBZ after his demote and is perma-ed, makes an appeal which is utterly denied.

10. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

Im mot even going to comment on this. Reason should be pretty clear. Anyways, I have nothing against mart being banned just like camkam.

11. VIEF_Chokolatecake

VIEF_Chokolatecake Forum Lt. Cmdr.

Honestly, you should of waited a while before appealing, then you wouldn't seem desperate

iizcracker123 or some other staff member take it legit, you said it was appealable

12. arkery

arkery Forum Lt. JG

He's banned for 3 months just for toxicity? give me logs or something if I'm wrong. And define "harassment" because that statement is literally exclusive for accusations against staff.

- Hell even I ain't that strict. Maybe a 3 month mute sure or an hour or two ban if it's a single day offense but 3 month ban? nah. I had a policy when I was staff to never do month+ bans unless it's hacking, duping or something like what mart did with boom.

- Frankly a 3 - 6 month chat mute + ban from discord would be much more effective psychologically for toxic people if they're an active player.

- Random side note: Generally, mute + constant death lava/cactus/void jail is so much more satisfying for arses than a ban.

- And for other people, there is /ignore granted staff can't do this since they have to constantly monitor chat... the wonders of being a regular player hmm?

- Although I agree cam nub can be... detesting in certain occasions, this is a bit much yes?

13. Milo

Milo Forum Ensign

+1 for shorten. He did wrong but it shouldn’t be 3 months.

14. martmn

martmn Forum Lt.

I was counting the days, when you would finally make a ban appeal... Not many days huh?
    Ok a couple of misconceptions:
    1. he isnt banned for toxicity, that is just one of the reasons, he is banned for illegal item possession, harassment, kamikaze, bla bla bla... toxicity is just an overall generalization, im banned for the same reason(s) as well.
    2. His ban cant be negotiated. If he gets unbanned I get unbanned, if he gets a month off, i get a month off, the admins agreed that me, cam and spirit should be punished equally. Im happy to negotiate my perm ban, in turn for camkam getting perm banned as well. (im really just doing a favour for the server)
    3. There is really no reason to start arguing about his ban to shorten, its no use, as gatraf has agreed with the admins on this matter. There is also no use to try and say *Ehh ehh im retarfeded, and i say martmn is worse, so cam is savour ehh ehh autism* because, Its entirely irrelevant what I said to boom 2 years ago, -people should be thanking me for standing up for the server, but everyone only remembers the mart being bad part, even tho 90% of the players dont know jack about what actually happened between me and boom- The point is, camkam did just as much illegal and gay Flummery, as i did if not more.

There is no reason to want camkam back on the server. He is literally like leafyishere just on navaltrash. Some unattractive chinless little squeaker, who harasses people from the safety of his room, a massive pussy who starts crying to admins when people find out his retarded name, or when people start insulting him back for being a <censored>. All he did was annoy people, and he wasnt really good at it tbh. (his name is still on his steam page btw)

Finally, I know that I am not a white sheep. Im not innocent, i did some pretty illegal Flummery, more than you would think. And frankly, i was an asshole to people, because as I said, i didnt come here to make friends. But i have not harassed anyone fullstop. And have not insulted anyone without good reason. Im all up for making fun of people if they are idiots, if their name sounds gay (camkam), or whatever, but I wont go crying to admins and be a massive pussy if people start calling me out or insulting my ass for what Im doing.

In other words: NO HIS BAN STAYS 3 MONTHS NO MATTER WHAT YOU COMMENT EXPERTS SAY/THINK, and im happy to make my ban a perm ban, if he gets perm banned as well. I feel like here, people only see problems when their feelings are hurt. This is not the way...

SMMateSM likes this.
  15. martmn

martmn Forum Lt.

Fcking posting a picture of a cute dog wont get you unbanned. Like UGHHHH, how retarded can you get?

16. Milo

Milo Forum Ensign

You say you haven’t insulted people for no reason yet you’ve insulted, belittled, and harassed me ever since I joined NBZ. I have asked you why you do this multiple times and every time you respond with something like “because I can” or “it’s too easy” Enjoy your ban mart

Adventure117217 likes this.
  17. martmn

martmn Forum Lt.

Dude what? First of all your quotes are made up, I never said any of those. Second of all, yes i fcking insulted you, but i never told you ill kill your parents like camkam does to gatraf. I hated you because of several things you did on NBZ. You never talked, and you behaved like some proper special kid. You did so much stupid Flummery on that server that frankly i grew tired of you not understand anything, and being plainly annoying, so yes i started to hate you.
    look at a recent example: you clearly havent read my post in its entirety. If you have, you have not understood my message. Its about me saying that yes Im not innocent, that yes i did insulting too. But im mostly talking about CAMKAM. You know he brings harassment to a next level.

18. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

It really is sad that we have to put it this way tho.

19. Adventure117217

it's really sad mart makes a massive post stating how cam's guilty of harassment, toxicity, and generally being rude when you've literally used his PERSONAL F!CKING NAME against him, and claim that's he's a next level of harassment even when he claims for you to stop, you continue to insult.

Cam's just a victim of a repeating martmn salt train. If cam brings it to a next level, I don't know how high your level must be.

EDIT: Also all of the members supporting martmn's unban and cam staying banned are Hungarians. Cam has a few non-TN members.

Romomakeslogic, Milo and sharpjd like this.
  20. sharpjd

sharpjd Forum Lt. JG

In a nutshell, Cam and Mart love relentlessly insulting each other for pitifully trivial things, it's kind of hilarious to watch the toxicity unfold honestly...

From my observations, I feel that Mart is mostly the one provoking the arguments (Saying name in chat, igniting arguments, etc.). Even if a real name was made "publicly visible", that still doesn't mean you should run around the server calling Cam by his real name. He tells you to stop because he's uncomfortable, then stop.

I honestly don't know who to defend here. Cam got banned again, and I don't commend Mart's actions either. But seriously, banning Cam just for "chat toxicity" is a bit too far. And it's mostly just him defending himself from Mart. I don't know the history between you two too well, but my unbiased observations are that Mart is usually the one starting up the arguments. And the arguments are usually just the two of you spitting bullshit comebacks at each other.

Don't know what to say here. Although Mart may be pissing off Cam, you both got banned for justifiable reasons. Let the staff handle this one.

Milo and Adventure117217 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.