1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Ban Appeal Griefing Jokes = Perma Ban?

Discussion in 'Punishment Appeals' started by poprock19000, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poprock19000

poprock19000 Forum Cmdr.

IGN: poprock19000

The type of punishment: IP-Ban

Duration of the punishment: 10 Years

When the event occurred (approximately): Saturday, August 19th, 3:00-4:00 PST 2018

The reason given for your punishment: Griefing Threats

Why you believe the punishment was unfair: I will NOT be apologizing for my actions, Both America (where I live) and Australia (where the server is hosted) givens its people the right too Free Speech. Now I do believe that certain things should not be said in certain environments such as curse words in school or yelling "BOMB!" in an airport just for attention. I do however believe that somebody cannot be punished just for saying something that may have been out of line in a certain environment. Maybe this example is too "strong" too be compared with what I did but I'm going too say it anyways, so after 9/11 if I said "I am going blow a building up" then actions too arrest me would be taken, and I agree. I also agree that I should be banned if I said something along the lines of "I am going too grief this server" but that wasn't my point. My point was that I would be nicer than mart if I was going too grief this server, saying I would make backups before said griefing or grief it in single player. In our 9/11 example it would be the equivalent of someone saying "If I was going too blow up a building I would make sure nobody was in it, or make my own building just too blow up" maybe this is incentive too say but I don't think I should be punished for saying that. This administration has no accountability for its staff members. If they do something wrong then they get banned, but this server doesn't guarantee that the staff won't do anything bad. All things should have a certain amount of checks and balances too encourage self-accountability and anti-abuse. What bothers me the most is that Wrang banned me for 10 years. "Cruel and unusual punishment is a phrase describing punishment that is considered unacceptable due to the suffering, pain, or humiliation it inflicts on the person subjected to it. ... severity (the punishment fits the crime), and. if the punishment is arbitrary." I want too point out key sections "punishment fits the crime" and "punishment is arbitrary" This punishment most definitely DOES NOT fit the crime, I was awarded the same punishment as AwfulWaffle and martmn. Both of who actually did GRIEF the server, it is obvious that I had and have no intentions too grief the server yet Wrong riding on his high horse thought it was okay too ban me for a joke. I've seen plenty of people wage actual threats against this server and go unpunished or with a relative "slap on the wrist". I was only punished because Wrong seemed it necessary too make an example out of me for a crime that most people were guilty of.

FIGHT THE POWER OF THIS CORRUPT ADMINISTRATION

-poprock19000

2. camkam

camkam Forum Lt.

bruh youve been unbanned

3. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

well this server is a dictatorship and we take threats seriously so gg

and what cam said

4. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Quintessential Veteran

It’s only temp, we’ll shorten it to a day.

5. poprock19000

poprock19000 Forum Cmdr.

love how I'm still banned and its been almost a week since you said ill be unbanned

6. poprock19000

poprock19000 Forum Cmdr.

still banned cam

7. VIEF_Chokolatecake

VIEF_Chokolatecake Forum Lt. Cmdr.

do something about it, dm side
    or ask a Tarnation mod romo_ is on

8. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Unblock and Unbanned. Case Close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.