1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Idea: You won't believe

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by arkery, Jun 15, 2018.

1. arkery

arkery Forum Lt. JG

You won't believe...

kudos if you watched the link above. I just wanted to see if it would work :p hence the title.

For those of you who don't know me, here's a sarcastic summary of me. Else, skip to the next part.

I'm a former admin, former SM and M on NBZ. My resume includes:
    -Not being Terra.
    -I still remember when Side, iiz and most of the staff team were noobs on NBZ.
    -Other technical stuff regarding to vehicle builds blah blah blah you can ask older players about it.

Why I'm back? Nostalgia. I don't have to deal with brats anymore as staff. Toxicity has reduced to a somewhat acceptable level at least during late hours. That free weekend was decent. You pick.

The Idea
    -Make planes only run for a certain amount of time before they have to land and be disabled to launch again. Exceptions to this would be planes in a certain region around safe dock for dock battles.

Why?
    -Carriers would be useful again - gives better use for money
    -Makes it possible to reduce the map size so that more ship battles can be done. 5k by 5k map? or even smaller.
    -In turn possibly reduces lag for ship5 spawns with smaller map... although I don't see much lag currently so eh.
    -No more surface bases being bombed quickly since it'll make planes somewhat slower
    -Realism.

How?
    -This should not be at all difficult coding wise although I might be wrong. Literally maybe... 6-9ish lines of code in the plugin? I haven't taken a look at it in months. And no, it isn't the lite version. It's an older one from premjo that I wanted to try to fix myself but never have the time for. Also lack of motivation + life.

-Maybe an additional variable. Just increment it until it reaches a set time limit. Then destroy the craft at said time if it's not landed. Output a warning message within 5-10 minutes before via a conditional telling them to land or it gets destroyed.

-Although now I think of it, might be a bit more complex figuring out when it "lands". Potential solutions might come from height (y63) or tie it in with speed so when speed reaches zero, they have to disable it. And not sure if it can tie in safedock regions.

-There might be workarounds to glitch it, but I have faith in you iiz :)

Conclusion.
    -Please do post reasonable feedback below even if this might not be implemented. You do want more players and fun yes?
    -I miss full scale faction ship fleet battles during the ancient days of nbz.
    -Why aren't bedrock bases dealt with?

yes this an acceptable compromising suggestion for plane "fuel". See? stupid people would whine without reading the entire thing first and thinking about it if I said it was a suggestion for plane fuel outright.

StewieCman and sharpjd like this.
  2. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

Would the amount of fuel be fixed, or would you be able to place a "fuel tank block" to increase the amount of fuel. Also, what about refueling?
    I remember you, you were a great admin.

3. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

How would the plane know when you have landed tho? When you have disabled? Or on the ground? This looks like it needs a bit of coding to it.
    Besides, DONT CHANGE MAP. People have just started building bases and making factions. I swear, the playerbase will be reduced with atleast 1/4 if we change map.
    With that being said, I do like the airplane limited fuel idea!

4. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

As much as I hate to say, this ^
    I remember you kicking Creeperhate's arse that was fun to watch him in the chat.

5. arkery

arkery Forum Lt. JG

You both didn't even read the entire thing didn't you?
    -Read under the How? Section
    -TLDR: Yes Coding. No it should not be difficult. Either configure it via height or ship disable, two solutions that I can think of from the top of my head.
    -It is a timer countdown not a "fuel block" which is essentially another variable added so that it increments.
    -Increment either based on minecraft time tick or irl minutes if possible.

6. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

If it's just a fixed amount of time until it runs out of fuel, then this is a bad idea in general. Just lazy and detracts from the actual game.

7. Adventure117217

Better than most of yours lol

Anyways idk what to think about this

8. VIEF_Chokolatecake

VIEF_Chokolatecake Forum Lt. JG

lol who tf are you again

9. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

y-you don't know who Arkery is?

10. DevinFirestone

DevinFirestone Forum Ensign

Perhaps increase disable speed but only for planes.
    Considering i've been practicing carrier landings on my ship3, i'd like to see this

MythicalWraith likes this.
  11. Adventure117217

Its a joke because many new players were like: I don't remember u liar, you didn't play NBZ. (Because he quit for a while)

12. The_11thDoctor

The_11thDoctor Forum Admiral

Who are you and no

13. The_11thDoctor

The_11thDoctor Forum Admiral

It wont work because
    1. No staff
    2. No coder
    3. No improvement will be made in the next centuries
    4. No players
    5. Look at terras good suggestions

14. VIEF_Chokolatecake

VIEF_Chokolatecake Forum Lt. JG

When your plane reaches northdocks from airfield, ran out of fuel)

Adventure117217 likes this.
  15. MythicalWraith

MythicalWraith Forum Cpt

If we're going to promote big, heavy, expensive carriers, lets ban ship weapons on small ships. Anything smaller than a 3/4 length of a ship2 can't use weapons. This will encourage intelligent designs, and competence while sailing.