1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

In defense of camkam

Discussion in 'Punishment Appeals' started by VIEF_Chokolatecake, Jul 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VIEF_Chokolatecake

VIEF_Chokolatecake Forum Lt. JG

IGN: VIEF_Cheescake (Defending camkam)
    The type of punishment: Ban
    Duration of punishment: 2 weeks
    When the event occurred: Not sure, but around last night
    The reason given for your punishment: (camkam) Sinking bases
    Why we believe this punishment was unfair: oof defending taco noob, xdddd Theres so much reasons to unban cam, and you better not right now tell me he should be banned anyway, Hes been given a chance and he is now unfairly banned. No more bias.
    This can be both an appeal and report, First off the base he was trying to sink, which it didn't was carrying illegal belongings, (Benny_Goodman's faction specifically) It carried a tank1 spawner, Which was not made by staff (50k) It was used for grinding iron, obsidian from there plots. (However they might of deleted it right now to spoil evidence, but we have pictures) And specifically in the rules, its completely legal to (nuke) a base carrying illegal spawners, And even if it was the staff's job, we're doing you a favor no harm done.
    Images of Benny's Plots: 12-13 There is no Tankspawn! hmm, hes the one that reported cam.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    However, his friends with tank-plots are all claimed, but empty. This is the only imagery of the cargo.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [22:50:30] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [?][USMC][E-3 SN] StoneColdAJ: Yeah!
    [22:50:41] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [W-5 CWO5] Nuclear_Wafflez: heil.
    [22:50:49] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [?][GermanEmpire][E-9 MCDCM] burgerking97: oh my god
    [22:50:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:50:50] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] lily pads xd
    [22:50:51] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [?][GermanEmpire][E-9 MCDCM] burgerking97: huge ship
    [22:50:52] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [[O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome -> me] claim this
    [22:50:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [AirDrop] An envoy spawned at World: WarWorld1 X: 522 Y: 63 Z: 6349!
    [22:50:53] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Remember to vote for rewards!
    [22:50:54] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [W-5 CWO5] Nuclear_Wafflez: where
    [22:50:58] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] Spawned vehicle : CUSTOM
    [22:50:59] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [?][GermanEmpire][E-9 MCDCM] burgerking97: docks
    [22:51:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] oh Tarnation
    [22:51:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [[O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome -> me] auto smelters
    [22:51:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [W-5 CWO5] Nuclear_Wafflez: ship5?
    [22:51:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] theres a tank spawner
    [22:51:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] over there
    [22:51:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [[O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome -> me] oh Flummery
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [22:51:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] oh Tarnation
    [22:51:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [[O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome -> me] auto smelters
    [22:51:02] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [W-5 CWO5] Nuclear_Wafflez: ship5?
    [22:51:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:04] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] theres a tank spawner
    [22:51:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:05] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] over there
    [22:51:06] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [[O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome -> me] oh Flummery
    [22:51:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [[O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome -> me] uhhh
    [22:51:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:07] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] thats how they get obby
    [22:51:09] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [[O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome -> me] found a lav
    [22:51:10] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Countries] ARPEGGIO
    [22:51:10] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [[O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome -> me] lol
    [22:51:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:12] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] yeah
    [22:51:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [?][GermanEmpire][E-9 MCDCM] burgerking97: yes
    [22:51:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] You have 4 messages! Type /mail read to view your mail.
    [22:51:13] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [me -> [O-8 RADM] Mr_ZuperAwesome] i spawned it
    [22:51:20] [main/INFO]: [CHAT] [Countries] You cannot interact with, break or place b

Either reduce, or eliminate camkam's duration, and deal with Benny and the spawner,
    or go with your choice. Ban-Appeal/Report

PaddethCDIX and camkam like this.
  2. burgerking97

burgerking97 Forum Lt.

#camkamdidnothingwrong +1

3. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

Can confirm that those logs and screens are 100% from that base and real. They had an illegal tank spawner (which explains the amount of obsidian and iron Arpeggio used to build the base). Yes, cam did take their submarine and ram into their bunker, and also took their carrier, sunk it on top of the area where the bunker was, then floated it back up. The result of this was the bunker was flooded and sliced in half.

While these activities can be considered to be illegal as base sinking/raping (it was cams choice), their base had been built using items from illegally obtained spawners.

Though, it actually says in the rules:
    If you go to their base, it looks pretty nuked to me lol. Also, V_MotionlessGM was there when cam was doing it, and actually HELPING HIM destroy the base. Logs will prove this. In my opinion both sides offenses cancel out.

+1 for shorter duration or unban.

4. V_MotionlessGM

V_MotionlessGM Admin Staff Member Admin

got my unban vote +1

PaddethCDIX, camkam and burgerking97 like this.
  5. VIEF_Chokolatecake

VIEF_Chokolatecake Forum Lt. JG

Both sides, or you mean Our lord and saviour sidewalk

6. sharpjd

sharpjd Forum Lt. JG

Many of the rules, if violated, are allowed to be counteracted by the victim of the violator by directly throwing the same or offense that will stop them against the violator, the most common example being returning fire to safedockers. In my experience, the moderating or staff team has not ever opposed firing back at safedockers and in fact sometimes themselves will also "safedock" in order to prevent further damage. Assuming that because this is mutually accepted by the community, I believe that base sinking would in fact actually be considered an act of defense; an illegal Tank1 spawner used to farm materials that would otherwise be difficult to gather to build up a base is totally unfair and justifies the base sinking altogether. Take "illegal" actions to destroy someone's progress which was also made unjustly and unfairly.

I think that Cam took the right steps here, and critically speaking shouldn't really be banned. Even though Cam may have been punished for base sinking, I think that the builders of the base should also be apprehended with an equal level of consequences.

7. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

By both sides I mean Arpeggio/Benny_Goodman and Camkam

8. PaddethCDIX

PaddethCDIX Forum Recruit

Nice one, banning someone without looking at evidence and being presented it, still refusing to make a change and giving this man (camkam) justice, he did the server a favour and has my respek

+++++1 for unban
    +1 that benny shouldve been banned instead

camkam likes this.
  9. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

+1 for unban. Or atleast reduced time.
    Reasons are pretty clear.

camkam likes this.
  10. Dylad

Dylad Forum Recruit

+1
    camkam is a very good man.

camkam likes this.
  11. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Head Admin Staff Member Head Admin

Cute, but justifying an illegal act with nefarious intentions because it accidentally destroyed an illegal spawner like a vigilante is unacceptable. I want a full investigation of who is responsible for the illegal spawner and anyone who abused it for illegal gains. Cam can wait out his ban or appeal himself with a better excuse.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.