1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

In the wake of recent events

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrZuperTaco, Jun 6, 2018.

What do you think should happen?

1. Reset world and spawn.

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Reset world.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Reset spawn.

3 vote(s)
    25.0%
  4. Nothing, keep it as is, the island update is totally not a failure.

1 vote(s)
    8.3%
  1. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

NOTE: All information here is unofficial and is just my thoughts. This is up to the staff team.

As many of you know, yesterday NC was attacked by a Spanish hacker. Damage was done and spawn schemes cannot be found as the time I made this post. Also the Island Update has been out long enough for me to say it's well, not good. So I am going to suggest this:

1. Reset the world to a much better map. Map we have right now sucks, if you don't know, it's literally a checkerboard layout of islands with the islands being roughly the same size of each other. Only difference is biome and slightly different generation. I suggest resetting to a completely new map with lots of islands NOT in checkerboard layout and actually have DIVERSITY in size, shape, etc. Or use an old NBZ map we haven't used yet.

2. New spawn. Sure, the spawn we have right now may look cool, but it's not noob friendly at all and is simply too big. Docks is too far, you have to use warps to get around. Maybe use an old NBZ spawn or build a new one based on previous NBZ spawn designs?

3. Move Airfield closer to spawn or at spawn. I know it's nice to see more carriers, but there is almost 0 aircraft activity at docks as people have to fly 3k blocks from airfield to get to spawn. Also, AA now blaps any aircraft within render because of its range lol.

bonus: add back the damn old auction plugin side, why did you change it in the first place?

Just my thoughts. Ultimately this is just a suggestion and can easily just be denied. What do you guys think?

EDIT: Spawn is actually fixed, my bad. I still believe map and spawn should be changed.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2018
    FOODFINDER and sharpjd like this.
  2. sharpjd

sharpjd Forum Lt. JG

Every one of your ideas are on point

3. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

I've got zero problem with changing the map or spawn, but for the record; the spawn is fixed--the schems work fine. It's just that Wrang's bulk schem had a gap, which he and I filled in with another schem last night. The only current damage is the inflated eco and broken perms--which I'm still waiting on Side to get the backups for, and a reset wouldn't fix anyhow.

4. sharpjd

sharpjd Forum Lt. JG

Yeah the server is going to be unplayable until the perms are fixed

5. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

What do you mean by "Inflated eco"?

6. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

Do /baltop

7. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

Holy crap.

8. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Is that left over from drug stuff or this because occupation of the island outposts?

9. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

The griefer just gave tons of ppl money cuz y not