1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

MEDIUM Priority Killing Staff?

Discussion in 'Player Reports/Complaints' started by nhk3210, Aug 21, 2018.

1. nhk3210

nhk3210 Forum Ensign

Name of Offender: Pim2407 (maybe)

Date of Offense: 4:45 ET 8/21/18

Offense Committed: Kill me unjustly (maybe)

Explanation: I was swimming outside docks hunting squid. I saw Pim flying around and shot him with a gun. He died and he smited me to death outside docks so I woudn't get my stuff back. I asked him why he did that and he said it is illegal to shoot people when you are swimming. Which is true I guess, but he wasn't on a ship. Another reason he gave was that he was in safedock. I asked how tf did you die if you were in safedock and he said "idfk". He said killing staff is illegal (new rule).

Evidence:
    NuclearWafflez (witness)
    Pim2407 (witness)
    Daniel_Kts (witness)

2. mewarmy

mewarmy Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Killing staff is only illegal if they're conducting staff work, which is also the only reason why a staff member should be flying. Ideally staff would be in vanish/invis/in gmc, which gives invis automatically I believe? Nevertheless, try not to interfere with staff when they're on duty.

3. nhk3210

nhk3210 Forum Ensign

4. nhk3210

nhk3210 Forum Ensign

5. mewarmy

mewarmy Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Well he probably shouldn't have had fly on for that, but I've been guilty of using fly for the same thing so can't really judge. Also the region flags for safedocks have pvp off I believe? (I may be mistaken as it's been a while since I've messed about with those when side, iiz and I were setting up nc).
    So really what you should take away from this is not to shoot staff when they're flying as you should assume they're conducting staff duties, ideally they'd be in /v, but they may not be.

6. nhk3210

nhk3210 Forum Ensign

thanks mew.
    rip my gear though lel