1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Move Airfield.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by MrZuperTaco, May 5, 2018.

1. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Lt. Cmdr.

Right now, the airfield is in my opinion (and a lot of other players opinions too) in a horrible location.

The main problem is that airfield is about 2k-3k blocks away from spawn. Even when there is battles at docks *cough*, you NEVER see any planes, due to no one wants to spend 10 minutes just to fly to spawn to battle. Another problem is that the airfield faces the south end of spawn, where there are no docks, so planes also have to fly around spawn as well to get to docks.

I am suggesting that airfield gets moved to north of spawn about 1000 blocks away, and faces northdocks. This way, the airfield is more centered in the map and aircraft can go to north docks in a short amount of time easily. Here's an image:
    airfieldlocation.png
    Anyways, that's my thought. But really, please move the airfield.
    Oh BTW, this is causing people to put aircraft in ship plots without carriers which is illegal.

Last edited: May 5, 2018
    LCB0612, sharpjd and Terra1 like this.
  2. Moo

Moo Trainer Staff Member Trainer

+69

LCB0612, sharpjd and Terra1 like this.
  3. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

Move airfield to be exactly at spawn. Makes it neutral for everyone ey? ;)

Terra1 likes this.
  4. Vulture4117

Vulture4117 Forum Admiral

Are you sure that's illegal? Don't you just have to put a carrier under it?

5. Vulture4117

Vulture4117 Forum Admiral

I almost think that's a good thing. Planes before the update were cancer, and could make people stop battling within minutes.

(not that anyone battles anyway, so it actually makes no difference)

Last edited: May 6, 2018
    The_11thDoctor likes this.
  6. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Reason the Airfield was placed else where is exactly what Vulture4117 stated. Players were jumping on top of someone as soon as they launching their ships and helicopters weren't stopped from by safedocks from wrecking havoc and breaking rules flying where airplanes weren't allowed.

It's true you got people starting to spawn airplanes right off the bat in Spawn Docks, without ships. That's almost like if people didn't know about the rules of about flying without carrier or worse no combination of ship and plane. I saw float plane with a ship sign and airplane sign.

The proposed location is issue as well, since airfield goes North and South. Meaning someone could easily launch nearly be on top of someone just as quickly. Also you'll get knucklehead players crashing their ships INTO the airfield since it's ground level.

Its up to the higher ups to decide where the Island Airfield should go, but i will tell you i'm glad it's not part of the Spawn itself.

The_11thDoctor and Vulture4117 like this.