1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

my giant brainstorm of suggestions

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by ChristianBrent, Apr 24, 2018.

1. ChristianBrent

ChristianBrent Forum Lt. Cmdr.

think of this as my giant brainstorm of possible suggestions fixes and balances

as we know currently ship1s are a bit op wether you want to admit it or not
    and this only gets worse when its someone like zuper making a ship that can litteraly not be killed

so i thought a way to temporairly fix problems

so 3 diffrent tiers of cannons

tier 1 cannons these would have the same pickup radius (the radius which blocks are moved from around the cannon there would only be single and double tier 1 guns these guns would have a tnt with power 1 (for comparison a single triple tnt shot has tnt of power 3) the single would cost 100 and the dual would cost 250

tier 2 would be power 2 same as the current dual this gun would come in single dual and triple this gun would have the same pickup radius as the current triple and cost 250 for a single 500 for a double and 1500 for a triple

tier 3 guns battleship size guns these guns would have a pickup radius of 4 to each side and 3 tall (from bottom to top) where as current triple has 7 by 7 by 3 this new one would be 9by9by3 these cannons would have power 4 (yes 4) but would cost 500 for a single 1000 for a dual and 3000 for a triple the single barrel gun would only have a 5by5by3 same as the current triple because of its smaller size

the point of the larger guns is for a price a heavy one you can get a very powerfull big ship as these size 3 guns are only allowed on ship3s and larger (for good reasons)

now to what ships can use what guns
    in order to not have giant floating platforms with a single super cannon that can oneshot most ship1s

tier 1 guns these are allowed on all vehicles (the irl equivelant to around 120-160mm)
    tier 2 guns allowed on ship2 and larger (irl equivelant to 200-300mm)
    tier 3 guns allowed on ship3s and larger (i doubt you can fit them on a ship3 because of their insane pickup radius but nevertheless

some might say this will limit the creativity but then i say we have a larger variety of guns
    besides i am willing to allow tier 2 guns to be on ship1s but as far as we have seen it only leads to disaster and ship1s clubbing

NOW YOU MIGHT THINK IM FINISHED

but we have another thing
    fixing and buffing mk3 torpedoes

currently after firing a tube the firecontrol sign resets to before you touched it this is very annoying for continuous firing so i just want them to not reset after each launch thats it
    then on top of that make them homing
    you might think BUT WAIT DATS OP
    well for one you cant change depth unless you are a 2 man crew (you can already change depth of a fired torpedo mid course) so if you launched a torpedo and got on a periscope the torpedo would track your periscope (where you point) until it expires yes this means you can get a torpedo to circle around you like an autistic missile but nevermind that also a slight extended range on the mk3s would be nice

in additon an sonar torpedo would be nice this would pick up targets in a 45 degree cone and if it sees a ship it will home in on that ship and hit
    but there is a catch to this
    it uses sonar that means the quiter your ship is the harder it is for a torpedo to spot you
    so if you go underwater and stop it cannot see you but if you are moving it will and hit you it can go both up and down

a nuke engine buff would also be appreciated im not talking speed or weight or anything like that just make the engine slow down faster and speed up faster i mean in this case we are dealing with electric engines powered by a nuclear reactor so the electric engines should speed up faster than diesels and slow down faster same with the normal electric motor

now 1 more suggestion for subs
    batteries
    batteries would power electric engines each batteri block would provide 1 min of power at full speed for the engine (multiple engines use batteries quickly) you recharge batteries by either surfacing and using gasoline engines or using diesel engines (max speed of 5 underwater) while in surface mode charging the battteries is twice as fast to charge 1 battery worth 1 min of power you need to be surfaced for 1 min to recharge it completely and 2 min underwater using diesel to charge it completely (depending on amount of batteries this changes)
    a sign called batterypower would tell you your remaining power and it provides a quick way to recharge by clicking the sign once you change from using to recharging when recharging the electric engines automaticaly shut down and once you change to using again they turn on

yes this is a nerf to minisubs either having to use very few batteries for short speed boost or the very slow diesel engines underwater

minisubs could use a nerf anyway

if you decide to use a nuclear engine and for some reason need more engines (electric for example) the nuclear engine will recharge them constantly
    there is 0 reason to do this tho

also a new electric engine called electric 2 we have motor currently which in my oppinion should be renamed to electric but if not we can always make the new engine motor 2 basicaly a new engine using the batteries as power with a max speed of 12 but running at full speed will drain batteries quite quickly and trying to chase or run away from a ship will never end well

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  2. CowCrafter22

CowCrafter22 Forum Lt. JG

The only thing I agree with is getting a motor2 engine

3. ChristianBrent

any specific reason i would like constructive critism

my main reasons for putting alot of sub nerfs/buffs in is the fact that submarines are currently quite op electric engines would change that as it would make them unable to run for long amounts of time and currently mk3 torps are literraly carbon copies of mk2 torpedoes with little gameplay diffrence i wanted to have a bit more variety in terms of torpedoes especially since in real life you could guide torpedoes with wires and even use active sonar to home in on submarines

one of the driving forces for the cannons was the pickup area so you can make larger dual turrets and larger triple turrets in addition to that i felt as though single barrel guns could get a bit more attention since they can be really cool (just look at french ww1 bb designs)

Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  4. Vulture4117

Vulture4117 Forum Admiral

I don't know if this is a good idea

5. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cmdr.

Nice ideas.
    Batteries would be really cool, also, what about tank guns?
    In real life, tanks didn't use ship-size shells until very recently, so 30-90mm cannons would be nice too.

6. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

Agree with most, BUT The Batteries,

Really, 1 Minutes per Each, What if i wanted to Ship across the World Underwater and Safe?,

I would need a God-awfully Expensive Ship 5.

7. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cmdr.

If you want to travel underwater for ages, then just use nuclear engines.

8. ChristianBrent

the short battery life was mainly to outright murder ship1 submarines and minisubs

although it can be changed maybe 2 or 3 min per battery block is better

the whole reason for the comment section is to share your thought you dont have to agree with me

also taking a second look i can see a few problems with my ideas mainly for cannons maybe taking up a bit too much space and the sonar thing would be hard to make
    but thats why i posted it to get your thoughts the battery idea might also need tweaking

9. Moo

Moo Trainer Staff Member Trainer

"buffing Mk3 torpedoes"

10. ChristianBrent

their broken right now so are firecontrol signs
    and they are not actually getting a damage buff just a bit more versatility