1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

New Map (HEAR ME OUT)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Adventure117217, Jun 11, 2018.

Should we update the map? (Player suggestions included)

This poll will close on Jan 11, 2019 at 4:05 PM.
  1. No! Keep the Islands!

2. Just give me any map besides the islands.

3. Terra's: Massive with canals and lakes in betwee, with oceans separating them allowing naval combat

4. Some players: Add the World Map Back

5. Advs and possibly Sharp's: Flat map with an ocean in the middle allowing tank and sea combat.

6. I dont like any of these but don't want the islands.

7. I haven't made up my mind.

8. -New Suggestion: Use Zuper's map.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

So, around 5:00 EST today me and a few players were talking about how we wanted a new map. I think I speak for a few of the playerbase when they state they're tired of Islands. Their boring and all have a relatively similar theme to eachother and provide little areas to make large fetched bases and control mass amounts of territory.

So, I will have a poll, and if the senior staff decide they will not change the map I will fart in their general direction.

EDIT: Terra's idea was: "...small cities with oceans seperating them, and a few canals inside the cities to allow for naval combat inside of the cities (Basically Venice but looking more like a modern city)" - Sorry for mis-explaining

Map suggestions can go below.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2018
    Terra1 and dogpig7777 like this.
  2. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cpt

Adventure, you completely failed to explain my idea. It was small cities with oceans seperating them, and a few canals inside the cities to allow for naval combat inside of the cities (Basically Venice but looking more like a modern city)
    What you said:
    Terra's: Massive with canals and lakes in betwee, with oceans separating them allowing naval combat
    What it was actually mean't to be:
    Terra's idea: Small cities with oceans seperating them

Adventure117217 likes this.
  3. Adventure117217

Okay well ill add this to the main post sry about dat

4. Adventure117217

Oops, I must've mistyped and forgot cities sorry.
    (I didn't edit my post cause this is a bump lol)

5. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Lt. Cmdr.

Now I have a map, but side denied it long long long ago during a different reset due to it being too crowded. Then again i don't think side really wants to reset lol
    ncproject.PNG
    size: 12500x12500
    I can always edit it to make it less crowded

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    sharpjd and Wrangler like this.
  6. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cpt

That's a nice map, but landmasses should be a bit larger and a few small cities scattered around would be awesome (Infrastructure, faction bases, etc)

7. Adventure117217

Oi I always liked this map.

8. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

Please dont, i dont think the biggest problem lies in the map, but in what the gameplay has beacome. Lets just face it: outposts are to OP, darth made 3mil in about 3weeks, and then theres NOTHING to do with that money...
    We just need a new spawn and a bigger player base. I have been saying this for almost a year now, but the solution is mass advertising and hiring a bounch of ambitious trainers and a few more moderators.

9. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cpt

We can do multiple things at the same time. The map is bad, we should change it. We have too few staff members. Let's change that too. We also have a small playerbase. Let's change that.

10. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Zuper, what did you use to make that world?

11. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Lt. Cmdr.

World Painter

12. Adventure117217

I would make maps but W.P never lets me install it lol

13. Adventure117217

We're starting to regain players, we have 21-30 at the peeks of the day which is good enough to have small ship battles

sharpjd likes this.
  14. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cpt

Unfortunately, almost nobody actually knows the rules, which takes up loads of staff time. Anyways, let's get back on topic.
    [​IMG]
    Here's the latest revision of my map (it's absolutely not done, like, it's only 10% done)

15. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

I need get world painter. It be nice to try this. Maybe i can make map i'd be happy with and play on my own computer with navycraft. It is properly cause my old computer to explode it's so old. XD

S i d e w a l k isn't fan of excessive islands. I like diversity in my maps. The Inner Sea thing S i d e w a l k is classic and arguably not that great map setup from 2015 NBZ era.

Thing about the islands is that ships will continuously plow into them. With no way to fix them but manually, it ultimately wrecks them. People like to have room have faction bases, hell maybe to explore. I used to do that when things were slow on the server. I found alot abandoned faction bases, tankspawns long forgotten and unused.

People will always complain about big maps. It's mainly people who are casual players, just come to come on the server to do one or two things. Fight Quick and dirty Dock Battles and Build a Vehicle (ship usually). Map has always been secondary two those two. Actual players want those things and more. Faction battles / conflicts is what keeps us coming to play. Permafactions would be more epic, but it's just too hard to run without everyone dedicated to it.

I like the old Big Earth map we had, i like being able to go places that were in the real world. However, it was too damn mountainous. Seriously, there was no flat land to run tanks on, where they should be. It just looked realistic on dynamap.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
    sharpjd and WILLYBABA like this.
  16. Adventure117217

17. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

First of all, "New post in: new map hear me out". But secondly, Max's name has never been a secret, it's just that it's mostly been really old vets who remember it.

18. Adventure117217

Ik lol, just trying to keep bumping this post as possible.

Anyways back on topic:
    I currently believe most ppl (Including me) want the world map. Also if ya'll have any other map ideas ill add them to the poll.

19. arkery

arkery Forum Lt. JG

*Sigh. Seriously?

Make a tiny separate world exclusively for dock battles. Put shops there that sell wool, dispensers, pumpkins and stuff for ship battles. Keep it simple. It'll make OC'ing the place easier since the world will be small with limited borders so staff don't have to fly around in a huge map.

Of course make RP transferable between the two worlds/regions or else just ignore this post. And disable guns in this world.

The other world, make it so that it's only for faction stuff and shiz.
    -I prefer a smaller world 5k by 5k to encourage true faction ship battles. Refer to here on solution for planes in said world.
    -Rid of bedrock bases please.

-Ya'll out of luck for tanks unless iiz thinks of some sort of buff for tanks:
    -Seriously, there's really no use for them in a faction base battle when you have heli's and planes. Just give them an arena somewhere or buff tank engines so that obby tanks are ideal for faction raids since it'll protect players in it. It balances out in costs too since ship's will need more expensive engines to support that obby for tank carriers.

Unpopular/Maybe OK Idea:
    - Make a world that's only ocean. 6k by 6k or whatever.
    - This way players are forced to build their own bases from scratch.
    - No more bedrock level bases with lodes of blocks protecting them above
    - Although of course tanks will be useless somewhat... but it is Naval Clash is it not?
    - If this idea is added carries will be infinitely more useful since planes need to land somewhere that isn't water.
    - @Our lord and saviour sidewalk ya showed me once about that kit plugin thingy that can build bases. Possibly implement it with this.
    -Inspiration: WaterWorld. I liked that movie damn it.

World painter has crashed on me in the past so I've abandoned making a map on my own.

Sidenote
    -Put spawn inside of shipyard. Seriously, you'll encourage new players to actually explore shipyard and get excited to build and then battle.
    -Build a Competent tutorial system. Or give me perms to edit and get a command block and a region to build. Then I'll do the damn thing for you @Staff. Too many whiners about it even if it's a legitimate concern.
    -MVS redesign is still stupid.

LCB0612 likes this.