1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Outpost Idea!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by WILLYBABA, Jun 21, 2018.

Do You Like The Idea?!

Poll closed Jul 5, 2018.
  1. HELL Yea! We should incorporate this ASAP!

4 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Eh I dont really care that much whether or not it is incorporated.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. No I think we should keep the old confusing outpost system.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. WILLYBABA

WILLYBABA Forum Lt. Cmdr.

Guys I know what u are gonna say about this how it is a bad idea but wait, there is more ;)
    This idea comes from the TV show Heroes Of Hell's Highway (I think) where Taliban controlled area was linked via Highway. Where this comes to play is that the outposts be linked by a roadway which can be booby trapped to stop people to going to outposts which in turn will cause some faction activity in an effort to halt the flow to the outposts at any cost, snipers, mines, etc. These can be used on the highway to stop Infantry from getting in and more. I think this will be good because to get to the outposts you would want to take a tank and in turn because of the risk want to start a convoy, this will enable faction teambuilding which is good for morale and creating friendships on the server! I don't have a map atm cause I literally just thought of this while building a MRAP but I will make a map later tonight and post it as a comment. Anyway the old system is really confusing and even when I ask to know where the outposts are I only get "They are on the four corners of spawn" "Well, that totally helps (I was being sarcastic fyi)" it will actually make a huge battleground and people can build their f homes either close to the road far from the road or located on the road!. How to spawn the tanks is basically how anyone would spawn a vehicle, there can be different climates, desert, forest, airfield, and coastal (for coastal shelling or amphibious assault) these different areas call for different fighting styles! The spawn for the tanks will be like a tankspawn that links with the highway this way you can spawn your tank at tankspawn and drive it to your location instead of shipping it which can be time consuming or building it at your base. But if they do build a tank at their base they can drive it into the battle zone of tankspawn and battle other tanks! Please stay tuned for the map which ALOT of people want a tankspawn and some people want better outposts to be linked cause I can never find them in all of the update! Anyway that is my suggestion please vote honestly and thank you for reading this, godspeed and fair seas!

2. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

Just go around the highway

3. The_11thDoctor

The_11thDoctor Forum Admiral

i havent understand one single word

4. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

I just think that an outpost should just be right outside docks. No land in it, like a world of warships capture zone, and mark the borders of the outpost with beacons. Of course, it would reward money every 5 mins. I believe $750 per 5 mins would be a fair amount. This means you have to use vehicles to capture it, and gives an incentive to sail out of docks.

For tankspawn, there really isn't an good and easy way to link tanks with the rest of the world. Tanks don't climb terrain well, and they are slow. My world has a placeholder for a 600x600 tankspawn, and can be made larger if need be. Similar to the outpost outside docks idea, I believe putting an outpost in the middle of tankspawn would be a good idea as well.

TheInventorMan likes this.
  5. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Head Admin Staff Member Head Admin

say we did this, whats stopping people from their ship sinking and just swimming to keep the outpost

6. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

Some ways to possibly combat this are:

1. Assuming you can change the y values of outposts, you can make it so the outpost starts at y64/65 to keep people who are swimming from capping. Though, this means that dived submarines will not be able to cap unless they are surfaced or their peri is sticking high enough.

2. When gun shop is fixed, most players will have guns. Naturally, people swimming in the ocean are much easier to kill then someone on an active vehicle as swimming is slow. Another thing could also be considered is to buff AA gun damage to PLAYERS. (Isn't AA supposed to portray at least a .50 cal bullet)? The outpost could also be smaller so that you can always see players who are in the outpost no matter what.

3. One last way would be to give players slowness I or II if they are SWIMMING in the outpost, making them extremely slow and then again, an easy target.

7. WILLYBABA

WILLYBABA Forum Lt. Cmdr.

The outpost idea is connected by a highway and in the middle of the highway is a tank spawn in which you could either battle or go to the outposts. The highway is also given street signs to help new players or people find their way to the outposts.

The_11thDoctor likes this.
  8. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

This + disabling block building both inside the region and below it should work fine.

Besides that, I actually really like the idea of submarines needing to be surfaced to cap, and ships needing to leave the circle in order to repair themselves simply as gameplay balancing mechanics, besides just being technical restrictions on swimming players