1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Preloading was a solution to financial disaster, and it was removed.

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Cheesecake, Apr 30, 2018.

Re-Add and Add everything I want and you all want

1. yes, its for the sake of navalclash!

7 vote(s)
    41.2%
  2. nah, im a no-life who wants to make people suffer

10 vote(s)
    58.8%
  1. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Forum Lt. Cmdr.

No one sails interesting ships anymore.
    They do if they feel like money should be spent.
    Preloading was an admirable solution, everyone loved it. it made things free.
    Now i understand "Preloading" is a loophole in the script, but you can make vechicle weapons free.
    It takes too long to kill ships, and theres no point in making big ships.
    I litteraly only see pt-boats and gunboats at docks
    Read preloading or make those vechicle guns free and everyone will be happy.
    Seriously what the hell? READ it, everyone loved it, you took away something everybody loved.
    i have a submarine that costs 16k, it bankrupted me since i had to test it, and submarines weren't able to be used at arcade-world
    What we all want:
    bring back cheap vechicles
    warps to outpost
    Payday! what was wrong with payday?!?!
    The flow of a simple game before island update.
    Take these into deep consideration please IIZ

2. PenguinH2O

PenguinH2O Forum Lt.

Since outpost is in the normal world you lose stuff probably so adding warps is a somewhat smart idea but then again barley can make money and guns cost alot..

3. Cheesecake

Cheesecake Forum Lt. Cmdr.

Wtf everyone voted no,
    stupid **** want to remove preloading

4. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

The patch for preloading was implemented due to the new economy of the Island Update, and was originally thought of and implemented (or at least, attemptedly) by Droopy our supreme leader, not me. However, his patch was in a separate jar rather than the main plugin, and honestly just didn't work at all. Following this, Side asked me to patch it in the main jar instead, which I did. I've actually had the patch for a long time, too. But I never implemented it 'til now, because I thought preloading was too essential to the economy at the time.

Now, that being said, I do think that patching preloading is a good idea (yeah yeah, I know--bear with me for a second) weapon prices should matter; a triple cannon should never be 100% better than a single cannon in every situation, but I do have a couple of caveats.

First of all, weapon costs would likely need rebalancing. Not as low as some of the numbers I've seen players throwing around - and certainly not free, that's frankly kind of absurd - but things like triples should have their prices adjusted. This wasn't done for the Island Update because again, it was patched in the first place due to the new economy.

And secondly, the original formula for calculating the cash reward for sinking ships mixed your ship's size and cost, alongside the enemy's size (as opposed to the current one, which only cares about the enemy's cost, and your size). The end goal was so that sinking enemy ships gave back a fraction of your ship's original cost, with a modifier on your ship's size. This meant that you could earn back your own ship's cost within a few ship2 kills, and the larger your ship was, the more money you got overall.

Aside from attempting to encourage large ships, this also meant you could easily offset your ship's cost, as long as it was a good ship, and you were a decent captain, which helped with the lack of free weapons a lot. Eventually, I wanted sailing and sinking ships to be the best way to get money too, rather than sitting AFK in your farm, or whatever.

Though, while I would prefer it to be balanced differently, I think (and the poll seems to agree with me) that really, it's not bad at all as-is - perhaps people are beginning to appreciate less triple gunbed spam, :p

And uh, I really don't know why they removed paydays, further economy rebalancing, I suppose.
    I'll fix the arcade world perms, though

-iiz

Sidewalk likes this.
  5. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cmdr.

Maybe 1k for triples, 500 for doubles, and free single cannons?

Vulture4117 likes this.
  6. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

Triples didn't even cost 1k before I think

7. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cmdr.

they costed 2k, adventure.

8. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

Oh wow, I was richer than I thought.

9. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

Keep them. Your moneyMurio has 1.2 mil

10. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

If my shop worked to sell my Drinks i could've made a few Bucks by now.

11. ChristianBrent

ChristianBrent Forum Lt. Cmdr.

making money is easier than ever right now
    litteraly 10k per 45 min

you can squezze even more out

i think the main way to make money should be sinking ships and as of currently you get 90% of what the other persons ship costs

everyone is complaining about a problem that dosent exist
    do a few trading runs like 5 hours and you have 100k then make a ship sail out sink some ships and get fucktons of money

12. ChristianBrent

ChristianBrent Forum Lt. Cmdr.

i got my balance reset so i lost 1.5 mil
    im still salty as Tarnation as it was earned legit
    but eh