1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Prepare for disaster in the future

Discussion in 'Technical Forum' started by Terra1, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cpt

So, with the recent hacker attack and all that, we need to prepare for stuff better
    We should have "emergency staff" which can be given permissions by any online admin or moderator just by typing a command. We should have weekly backups of the world, server, balance, everything. We should also give more people *cough* iiz *cough* file access, so things can be restored quicker. We don't want stuff to go even worse, so let's be prepared for the future.

2. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

I have a feeling with that more file access thingy you want to be added. Plus, no files can be damaged in a simple griefing of the normal world and terrain.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  3. MythicalWraith

MythicalWraith Forum Cpt

I have a feeling he's lowkey trying to get staff.

LCB0612 likes this.
  4. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

Or, you know, if you're short on staff members, and if you trust several people enough to give them temporary permissions post-grief, maybe they'd just be good staff members to have in the first place?

This one would be nice, actually--and we used to do it, if we don't anymore.

While having box access myself would be nice for times like last week, where I just can't - for the love of God - reach absolutely anybody, in the majority of cases, I really don't need box access.

5. WILLYBABA

WILLYBABA Forum Lt. Cmdr.

I think it is better to just go on Discord or forums and report things like this and then staff can get on ASAP. Although that is my opinion and it is up to Side.

6. The_11thDoctor

The_11thDoctor Forum Admiral

*reports immediately*
    Either *staff replies 24+ hours later* or *staff ignores*

7. LCB0612

LCB0612 Forum R. Admiral+

100% he wants staff

MythicalWraith likes this.
  8. VIEF_Chokolatecake

VIEF_Chokolatecake Forum Ensign

Whats generally wrong about that? besides the fact he is terra