1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Questions About Tournaments

Discussion in 'Gun Battles' started by TheInventorMan, Jul 15, 2017.

1. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

In the rules section of the new tournament, there are a couple of specific--yet somehow vague rules. Given that the discussion section is locked, I've (evidently) created a post seeking clarification.

Firstly; the rules state " Ship 2's only, 2 triple cannons and 4 AA guns only. "

Several questions about this:
    1. Does this mean we need to have two triples, or could we use just one?
    2. What about double cannons and single cannons, are those allowed?
    3. If they're allowed at all, are there any limits?
    4. If so, can they be used alongside the aforementioned two triples?
    5. Are other weapons systems like torpedoes allowed?

Secondly; The rules state " You can build your ship out of any normal materials as lone as the deck of the ship is 2 blocks above the water and the hull is 3 block bellow the water. "

Even more questions for this one:
    1. Does this mean ship hulls can only be 6 blocks tall?
    2. Do they instead mean at least 3 blocks under the waterline?
    3. Similarly, Can we make a deck higher than that two block limit?
    4. Do the rules account for bobbing?
    5. If so, how?
    6. What about angled decks?
    7. Does the lowest point of the angled deck apply to the rule?

I also have a question regarding the timing of all this. I know the post is titled Friday Night Fights, but is there a specific time for the event? Or does it just happen throughout the day as the appropriate players are online and ready? I'm frankly hoping for the latter, as I've got obligations on Friday night.

I know that most of these could probably simply be assumed from the post, but seeing as how it's a competition, and that the staff judging it will vary; many of these should be clarified, giving hard rules for the staff and players.

2. Droopystarfish

Droopystarfish Forum Cmdr. Staff Member Owner

I will open the discushion di not ralise I closed it.

• Does this mean we need to have two triples, or could we use just one? max 2
    • What about double cannons and single cannons, are those allowed? no
    • If they're allowed at all, are there any limits? N/A
    • If so, can they be used alongside the aforementioned two triples? N/A
    • Are other weapons systems like torpedoes allowed? no not for this tornament there will be one every week with different rules
    • Does this mean ship hulls can only be 6 blocks tall? no min 3 below the water
    • Do they instead mean at least 3 blocks under the waterline?yes
    • Similarly, Can we make a deck higher than that two block limit? yes
    • Do the rules account for bobbing? yes
    • If so, how? As long as the ship bobs min those heights when the ship bobs down is must go back up 2 blocks and the same ith down
    • What about angled decks? yes fine
    • Does the lowest point of the angled deck apply to the rule? no not on angles.

3. Droopystarfish

I also have a question regarding the timing of all this. I know the post is titled Friday Night Fights, but is there a specific time for the event? Or does it just happen throughout the day as the appropriate players are online and ready? I'm frankly hoping for the latter, as I've got obligations on Friday night.

You fight on friday after the brackets have been declared on thursday night. You can fight anytime after the brackets are declared on thrusday until saturday night. You should try to fight on friday but satuday will be fine. If you have not completed your match by saturday night you forfeit and the person with the most wins wins.

4. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

Awesome, thanks so much for the quick reply.

5. Droopystarfish

6. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

#Hyped