1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Reasons for a Change

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Jaguar36703, May 25, 2018.

Would you like these changes?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I dont Care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaguar36703

Jaguar36703 Forum R. Admiral+

Gavman and I have came up with a list of reasons why we need to change the server, we hope at least some staff will take notice.

1. Too Long to Raid- Due to the map’s large size, raiding ships, bases, and overall players just takes too long due to the time it takes to travel.

2. No Point in Raiding- As listed above, the oversized map makes it almost impossible because 1- Players are starting to lose interest because of not being able to find/sink someone in over a while. 2- Players find it boring to raid, there is basically no point in raiding due to the fact it is boring and ‘outdated’.

3. Players Quitting- Players have recently began to quit due to the reasons listed and because there haven’t been many updates that players enjoy. Staff doesn’t generally listen to the players and go on with one or two ideas from the players before they think of a way to make the game better for them. For example many players have asked for a change of spawn or removal of items such as toxic water and are just not being heard, Staff also needs to be fixed.

4. Bring back good events- Many players miss old events like Super Smash Saturday/Sunday or events like “Carrier Aircraft vs Yamato”. Staff generally will not do the events if asked nicely/repeatedly and players have began to quit for that reason. If Staff also receive proper training on how to do the events maybe players may begin to come back online or may invite their friends online to join.

5. Shrink Map Size- As pointed out in the topics regarding raiding it is almost impossible for someone to find one another's bases or ships which generally makes the game boring without having action on the seas or on land or within the air. If the map size could be reduced there would be more action which will in return hopefully bring back players so everyone can begin sinking vessels and ships once again to make the game “less boring”.

6. More Weapons- Within Navalclash there are nonspecific weapons and many can be added with proper coding or proper plugins if devs and more staff receive proper training on how to add and install them. For example if “Shell types” or specific calibers could be introduced and maybe armor value it could expand the types of weapons and types of gameplay and tactics. For example players may build 400mm Siege Gun for base bombardment or a 5” deck gun for destroyers that can’t “penetrate” or heavily damage larger ships with just one shot.

7. Docks are too big- The docks at spawn are too large and a waste of space, in some of that space more shops could be added or maybe more ship spawners so an entire armada or fleet could spawn at the same time (But mainly smaller ships for lag reasons). The docks also create some lag with it too, when a group of larger ships are spawned it causes lag, but the space in docks, unnecessary blocks also creates lag with the larger vessel.

8. Remove Toxic Water- We all thought this would be a good idea but It wasn’t. I’m calling out personally that you remove this. I get it forces people to use ships and planes but in reality it's just an annoyance. People already use planes anyway to get around.

9. Spawn is too big- Spawn takes up a lot of space in Navalclash, even though we know it is meant to be grand and eye-opening why can’t it just be smaller and elegant along with it. For example RMS Titanic’s grand staircase, it was an eye opener for the time but not as large as many people would think, yet it still has its legacy for elegance and beauty. The excess blocks also cuts frame rate and creates lag along with it, reducing the blocks also reduces space which can go into more shops and weapon shops, or maybe even new additions.

Staff, please listen to your player base!

“Are you quoting me? Lmao.” -Gavman7015

Terra1 and StewieCman like this.
  2. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

A\The only staff I know who ever actually hosted an Event like this Was Toh, and He made Some Ones that were actually quite fun! The Air Duels, The Ship5 duels, and such, those were awesome! Too bad Droop and Side Hate those because they give RP.

sharpjd likes this.
  3. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Lt. Cmdr.

"Player base"
    NavalClash Staff: "What's that? Never have heard of it."

4. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

11/5 Good job +1 support this post

5. The_11thDoctor

The_11thDoctor Forum Admiral

11/13 doctors agree on the majority of jags points

6. DominicNikon

DominicNikon Forum Ensign

7. Adventure117217

Alright, actually I see flaws in the raiding thingy.
    Most people when do do raid find it fun and it's very thrilling to combat with opponents. It is just a matter of people being too lazy to actually scout and find bases, thus is why it is very low.

8. MythicalWraith

MythicalWraith Forum Cpt

I don't play as much because I got a l i f e and most of these reasons

The_11thDoctor likes this.
  9. Jaguar36703

Jaguar36703 Forum R. Admiral+

Adv I dont wanna fly 30k blocks to raid

10. Adventure117217

The map isn't even 30k blocks

11. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

I agree with a lot of the points here, map-wise especially. I really don't get why Droopy our supreme leader opted for a perfect grid of islands, especially ones so similar to each other.

Though, the only point I can really speak much to is plugin-side weapon development, which frankly, you haven't seem to have thought through all the way. I'd love to see you flesh it out a little further.

12. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Lt. Cmdr.

Yeah, the map is complete Flummery imo.
    I have a map I made awhile back, but it's a maze to get around due to having so many islands and it's a little bigger than the current map lol.

13. Adventure117217

Lets just get a basic and simple map like in 2015. We had a default minecraft world with a world barrier set a reasonable limit with a plenty good amount of ocean, forest, plains, mountains, bases, and fun.

Terra1 and Jaguar36703 like this.
  14. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Reducing the map maybe ok, but the islands meets theme of the server. but our player base too small to support it.
    I only like big maps because it gives you room for other factions. I'm minority in that.

New weapons can only be made a the moment by Maximuspayne unless someone REALLY knows how to code navycraft. Max wants money for his work. I don't blame him either.

sharpjd and The_11thDoctor like this.
  15. The_11thDoctor

Giant map = big playerbase

Adventure117217 likes this.
  16. Adventure117217

Lets get a massive default minecraft map that goes out for millions of blocks :D

EDIT: and have annual cord release every 2 months so people dont have to scout millions of blocks

Last edited: May 26, 2018
  17. Terra1

Terra1 Forum Cpt

Right now i'm learning Java, so I can fix up the Navycraft plugin. Maybe this server will be fun again in a while.
    I miss NBZ.

18. MythicalWraith

MythicalWraith Forum Cpt

I don't believe NC is coded in Java, and even if it is you wouldn't be allowed anywhere near it.

19. The_11thDoctor

Neither would you

20. Adventure117217

Neither would any of us

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.