1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Ships disappearing while turning

Discussion in 'Technical Forum' started by HTMLman, Feb 7, 2018.

1. HTMLman

HTMLman Forum Ensign

Idk why it is doing this but my ship3 and 5 keep disappearing when I turn I don't have any doors, or illegal blocks on them. Idk if anyone else is having this problem but it sucks so pls help, I have already lost 40k from trying different things

2. ItsMurio

ItsMurio Forum Lt.

Yeah, guessing it's a weird bug.. unless you have an illegal block you can't see on your ship.

3. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Do you have banners on it? Iron doors? etc?

4. HTMLman

HTMLman Forum Ensign

Nope

5. HTMLman

HTMLman Forum Ensign

It's a ship3 and the ID is 0

6. CowCrafter22

CowCrafter22 Forum Lt. JG

Does it have any doors on it? I had a 13k sub that did this and it worked fine after I removed all the doors.

7. Wrangler

Thing is. If any of the items/block etc. are NEWER than 1.8. Minecraft. There bound to be problems, that's why the illegal block gallery exists. Unfortunately, alot guys forget about it and go what's cool looking.

Another thing is, server' block names are changed on some level which HIGHLY annoying. It causes confusion on what block someone handling and doesn't help mods like me who see normal minecraft block name.

8. Kaiser CreeperHate

Kaiser CreeperHate Forum R. Admiral

I remember some time last year i had the exact same issue, thankfully i noticed that it was red stone items placed on the ship that caused it.

Sidewalk likes this.
  9. Vulture4117

Vulture4117 Forum Admiral

I modded the pack to get rid of the stupid names

10. Sidewalk

Sidewalk Head Admin Staff Member Head Admin

F3+H to see real names with the pack

11. Vulture4117

Vulture4117 Forum Admiral

Not everyone knows that. besides, I renamed terracotta back to clay, like it was before MC 1.12, or whatever update it was

12. Wrangler

Wish we could use that mod, Vulture.

13. Droopystarfish

Droopystarfish Forum Cmdr. Staff Member Owner

You must have an illegal block.

14. PenguinH2O

PenguinH2O Forum Lt.

No droop its a bug from NBZ its a random thing it happened to me before, now ill leave this here: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed" -2nd Amendment and https://www.ruger.com/index.html ruger guns because why not?

15. ChristianBrent

ChristianBrent Forum Lt. Cmdr.

its not always elligal blocks it can be simple bugs in the code

16. Droopystarfish

Droopystarfish Forum Cmdr. Staff Member Owner

No peng its 9/10 an illegal block. If the signs disappear then its a bug. You need someone with w/e to go over your ship to make sure there are no monster eggs on in they look similar to other blocks very similar.

17. PenguinH2O

PenguinH2O Forum Lt.

18. ChristianBrent

ChristianBrent Forum Lt. Cmdr.

yeah because as far as i know the block wont stick to the ship

and it will just go poof

POOF

OOF

19. The_11thDoctor

The_11thDoctor Forum Admiral

No it doesn't work like that. I've once built a ship accidentally with these and we'll no the ship disappeared without any explanation

20. Wrangler

It really depends on the block. Some illegal blocks are can't be cleared such as stone and sandstone-based stuff.
    Other more unique blocks like Beacons, will cause ship go away as soon as it turned on. Newer blocks like newer 1.8+ Iron Doors, purpur based blocks for example will cause the ship to disappear or turn into building. some ships will not move at all.

This why i try train people and show them the illegal Block gallery or look at the list of illegal blocks on Wiki.

Since we keep getting self-training people lately, were likely see more problems.