1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Why the Island Update doesn't work

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Vulture4117, May 5, 2018.

The poll that disappeared for no fu.cking reason, Side probably deleted it

1. The server was better before the update, because people actually battled

66.7%
  2. The server was better after the update, because instead of battling, people farm cash

33.3%
  3. I hated battling. battling was unfun and sucked. I love flying a plane back and forth between outpo

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. lmao poll questions cant be made a certain length and can't be deleted either

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. please dont Tarnation vote on the last 3 questions, including this one

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Vulture4117

Vulture4117 Forum Admiral

Before voting, at least read the entire fu.cking post, and if you disagree with me, tell me why you do, so that I can explain to you why you're wrong.

EDIT: Where the fu.ck did my poll go? Did Side delete it, or something?

The economy is awful.

Side and Droop have turned this server of battling ships all day into a server of farming money all day. Can anyone else remember how before the update, people actually battled? You can't even avoid playing this way, because if you don't, you won't have any money at all. Now, everyone just spends 4 hours a day flying planes between outposts to afford something they will never buy(ships). Nobody gives a Tarnation about battling. Is this really what people want? How can this be a good thing?

When a new player joins, what do we want them to hear? Do we want them to hear "This is a server with moving ships with cannons and other weapons, which can be used to sink other ships," or do we want them to hear "This is a server where you must spend all your time farming money to afford anything"?

Chris said that it was hard to get money and afford ships before the update, which was true unless you were a TN member or had a really high rank. However, this can easily be fixed by simply increasing payday, or lowering ship costs(probably the former).

I agree that fixing the free weapons glitch was a good idea, but the proces needed to be lowered by at least 3 times, to keep ships affordable.

Now, ask yourself, did the update make the server better, by turning it into FarmMoneyClash, or did the update make the server worse? What is really more fun: battling, or slowly driving a plane across the ocean between outposts?

Last edited: May 7, 2018
    StewieCman and ItsMurio like this.
  2. Kilowner

Kilowner Forum Lt. JG

the economy was always awful from my expiriance

3. Vulture4117

And now it's even worse. Instead of fixing it, Side and Droop went in completely the opposite direction

ItsMurio likes this.
  4. The_11thDoctor

The_11thDoctor Forum Admiral

No. It got fixed.

Sidewalk likes this.
  5. gatraf

gatraf Forum Admiral

In summary: Vults just mad hes not #1 at baltop anymore...

6. Vulture4117

I see. It seems that ship battles were a terrible thing, and you're glad that they're gone...

sharpjd likes this.
  7. The_11thDoctor

did we ever had ship battles?

8. Kilowner

Kilowner Forum Lt. JG

Ikr

Vulture4117 likes this.
  9. Vulture4117

Yes, we did. During the week before the update it had died down a little, but ship battles still did occur. Now, nobody ever battles, at all. How exactly do you plan to defend the update? You have to admit, it's not good that nobody battles, and it's pretty obvious why

10. ItsMurio

ItsMurio Forum Lt.

If Side just gives us a reason to ship battle, or even to use ships in general. I'm fine with this. But this update I have not been the "fine."

P.S faster to drive a helictoper or plane to an outpost. Not ships. They s l o w.

Vulture4117 likes this.
  11. ChristianBrent

ChristianBrent Forum Lt. Cmdr.

YOU EARN Tarnation 80% OF WHAT THE ENEMY SHIP HAD COST

IF YOU SINK A SHIP 2 THAT COST 2500 YOU GET LIKE 2.3K

HOW CAN YOU COMPLAIN

SINK A Tarnation NUCLEAR SUB THAT COSTS 30K AND YOUR RICH

IF YOU ACTUALLY BATTLED YOU WOULD REALIZE ITS NOT HARD TO EARN MONEY

i took out a nuclear sub for 30k granted i lost money but i earned like 5k for 3 ship sinkings

The_11thDoctor likes this.
  12. ItsMurio

ItsMurio Forum Lt.

This is NavalClash not CashClash.
    We are meant to make Battleships, Submarines, Aircraft Carriers, and Aircraft for battling and not farming.
    Never mind the RP you gain, I just want things to be like normal. And not grindy when you can't even spend all your money on anything at shop.

sharpjd and Vulture4117 like this.
  13. The_11thDoctor

I agree with that. But on the other hand: what exactly is the meaning of gaining each day much money and saving it up, spending it on cancerships which are hard to sink (if you don't know how||not all did that).
    And then you're sitting on a huge money mountain without having a possibility to spend it - other than vehicles.
    And then someone's the lucky one and screams "HEY LOOK HOW RICH I AM /baltop" at this point it would begin:
    Some boobs see that and want to be rich too -> server warfare will go down more and more, which will end in EconomyClash which is and was never the purpose of NavalClash nor NBZ.
    I personally am okay with like it is currently.

It's obvious that some things have to be changed.

ItsMurio likes this.
  14. Vulture4117

I don't see any people battling. Do you?

ItsMurio likes this.
  15. sharpjd

sharpjd Forum Lt. JG

They were inconsistently happening but you could still often find multi-vehicle battles, but now we won't have any at all.

Vulture4117 likes this.
  16. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

Could Work if You could. ACTUALLY MAKE A RELIABLE AMOUNT OF MONEY EACH DAY

17. ChristianBrent

ChristianBrent Forum Lt. Cmdr.

10k in 45 min is not reliable lol

when you fight you earn money
    if you fight well you earn more money

yes there are no battles

but one thing i have noticed
    is people are greedy they dont wanna spend money

all the people sitting on 100k or more dont actually take out their ships it no longer becomes a matter of batteling for them it just becomes a matter of accumilating a horribly insane amount of money

im guilty of this myself

18. Adventure117217

Adventure117217 Forum Master

Explain why every time I shoot down/sink a vehicle I never get cash. I only get money from killing players and it's only 50 bucks.

Vulture4117 likes this.
  19. Vulture4117

Is that true? lmao

20. Vulture4117

Side, gtfo off of here for liking crap like this.

lmao I should stop making fun of Side's toxicity