1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

Worst Vehicle is never used! Buff it!

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by nhk3210, Aug 26, 2018.

Wanna buff helix?

1. Ye

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. Ne

4 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. nhk3210

nhk3210 Forum Ensign

The most underused vehicle is defenately the helicopter. Most airplanes that players build have a helicopter sign but heli signs are never used by themselves. The reason for this is that they are so damn slow. A ship with a boiler 2 engine could outrace a helicopter. The speed needs to be buffed by at least 100%. Right now almost no one uses them. People who do use helis just get shot down like fleas. Helicopters really need a buff.

2. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

Cough, VTOL.

3. MythicalWraith

MythicalWraith Forum R. Admiral

If you know how to use a helicopter, arm it properly and understand the basic functions of weapons in NavyCraft, you can be OP.

4. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

^^^This, if you know what you're doing you can easily flatten anything. keep in mind the counter to helicopters is by using a plane, or just cannon flak. VTOL is also a great way to keep up with fast moving vehicles. Helicopters are NOT meant to get really close to enemy targets.

If helicopters were given a speed buff that makes them faster than ships, they'd almost be as fast as planes.

5. nhk3210

nhk3210 Forum Ensign

I don’t understand how a helicopter can sink ships outside close ranges. Bombs only work if you are above ships and torpedos are as glitchy as hell (explodes
    As soon a you fire) on aircraft or helicopters.

6. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

I've never seen torpedoes explode as soon as you fire them unless they are shot out by the enemy, or you are being shot at with a cannon. Unless you're talking about the movement glitch (where the aircraft moves when you fire the torpedo and makes it dud) you have to fire right after the aircraft moves.

Personally I torpedo snipe with helicopters, while it might be difficult, you have a much less chance of being shot down.

MythicalWraith likes this.
  7. Wrangler

Wrangler Moderator Staff Member Moderator

It's entirely possible this "glitch" could be dispenser being arranged wrong or most likely a torpedo's path its travel is blocked or has something its smacking on the launching vehicle.

Helicopters do NOT need a buff. They have been too OP for while and caused a lot problems. MythicalWraith is correct, when adjusted write, the Helicopters (VTOLS) can be nasty if they get into range of your vehicle (namely ships)

Adventure117217 and StewieCman like this.
  8. Velocity

Velocity Forum Ensign

I use heli all the time...