1. The update is temporarily delayed until droopy returns. Thanks for your patience! It WILL happen ASAP. Stay tuned!

You should be able to buy "Rare materials"

Discussion in 'Suggestions' started by Terra1, Apr 12, 2018.

1. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

A few signs in shop that allow you to buy stuff like ballast tanks, coal, lapis, and redstone ore, and stuff that you can't get without mobs such as string and ink sacs for a high but still reasonable price.

2. ChristianBrent

ChristianBrent Forum Lt. Cmdr.

you can take cobwebs on cargo ships
    and all ores are able to be used on ships

ink sacks just kill squids

ballasttanks cargo ships again

if you want ore like with silk touch then i ask what is the purpose of that when you can just get all the items needed for getting a silk touch pickaxe by brining out the things for an echantment table book shelves and a ton of emerald ore lvl up by mining emerald ore make enchantment table and get silk touch spooder webs can be put on ships

IS THAT TOO MUCH OF A HAZZLE
    the argument of taking too long is also stupid since it takes less than 10 min to get a silk touch pick
    trust me

the ships dont clog up docks if you remember to sink them after like any rational human being would do so they dont block docks

id like a mod to lock this since this is stupid

Vulture4117 and MrZuperTaco like this.
  3. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

Please stop it.
    If you were here on rage weekend, you would know that it takes literally one freaking minute to place a few signs at spawn.
    I don't want to waste 10 minutes getting a pickaxe and then an entire day looking for materials just so I can make a damaged ship look good or to make a faction base with redstone circuitry, or to write some stuff down with a book and quill.

4. MrZuperTaco

MrZuperTaco Forum Cmdr.

Agree with this 100%

This defeats the purpose of cargo ships and mining for supplies. 95% of blocks in MC can be obtained by cargo ships alone... Just put it on a ship, sail it out to your base or to a safe place, and mine it. Simple as that

EDIT: This is a NAVAL server after all. Only things that should be in shop are weapons/tools, guns, and maybe the drops from the hostile mobs. Nothing like red stone or ores in shop

Vulture4117 likes this.
  5. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

Cargo ships take forever and are extremely annoying to constantly take out, only to sink them and cause more trouble for staff.
    This would take almost no effort to implement, and would make everyone's lives so much easier.
    It would make it a lot easier to repair ships, giving less incentive to just scuttle a moderately damaged ship and then buy a new one at docks.
    It would also make good-looking ships easier in general.
    At least implement this for ballast tanks, I don't want to send out a cargo ship just to make a tiny submarine.

6. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

Squids also don't exist.

7. ChristianBrent

then use gray

besides most things requiring color can be made in shipyard
    name 1 thing that cant

8. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

Err, the ink sacs are for book and quills, not colored stuff.

9. CowCrafter22

CowCrafter22 Forum Lt. JG

I heard next season there will be peaceful mobs such as squids and cows in wilderness.

10. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

That's great, strike that off the list of stuff that I want in the shop then.

11. ChristianBrent

now you can delete this post

Vulture4117 and StewieCman like this.
  12. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

Here's A handy Dandy Tip.

Mine. Destroyed. Ships.

I Did this so often In NBZ That I Quite literally made a Scavenging Submarine.

13. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

That is precisely what I do not want to do.

14. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

Then you're lazy, and Would rather Sacrifice Fun for Laziness.

Vulture4117 likes this.
  15. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

"Fun"
    Are you insane or do you have an extremely different definition of "Fun"
    Salvaging is occasionally cool, but most of the time it's boring.
    I'd much rather just buy what I need, and only salvage stuff when it's easier.

16. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

So In Truth. You are Still lazy.

Vulture4117 likes this.
  17. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

So what?
    I take pride in being lazy.

18. StewieCman

StewieCman Forum Admiral

Lazy=Not putting forth Effort,

But you do seem to have a lot of efforts put forward on these suggestions:p

Vulture4117 and CowCrafter22 like this.
  19. TheInventorMan

TheInventorMan Admin Staff Member Admin

Droopy our supreme leader says that cargo ships will be removed/illegal next update, which may mean that a "specialty item" shop would be useful, or perhaps needed.

20. Terra1

Terra1 Forum R. Admiral

I don't know how to feel about this.

StewieCman likes this.